Address: Bolívar Institute, across from Bolívar Square.
This place is considered Heritage of Humanity by UNESCO. The reasons leading to this decision are very strong as it was here where the chapter house of the Franciscans’ Convent was situated, a place that served as the meeting room for the Amphictyonic Congress of Panama or Bolívar’s Congress, summoned by the Liberator Simón Bolívar from Lima, Peru, two days before Ayacucho Battle and held from June 22 to July 15 in 1826.
Today a room has been opened on the upper part of Bolívar’s hall with the name of Acts and Deeds Room, a historical place where the original acts or protocols of the Amphictyonic Congress are available to the visitor, with their respective transcriptions to facilitate their reading.
A replica of the Liberator Simón Bolívar’s gala sword is also shown. The original sword, currently situated in the Central Bank of Caracas, Venezuela, was totally made of 18k gold and contained 1,374 diamonds. This historic jewel was given to Simón Bolívar by the Municipality of Lima, Perú in 1825 as a true tribute on his victory at Ayacucho Battle.