Ricardo J. Alfaro Museum
This institution is honoured to be named after the man who was President of the Republic from 1931 to 1932 and both before and after his term of office he held various political and social responsibilities that he carried out with dignity and patriotism.
The Archive and Library stayed under his custody until he died in 1971 and later on they were kept under the custody of his offspring in Panama.
The institution has six exhibition rooms showing various objects of great interest such as a bronze head of Alfaro and an oil painting by Almeida Crespo; portraits and mannequins wearing the diplomatic uniform and the toga used at the Hague International Court of Justice.
Another room shows the original furniture including the desk, chair and other objects used by him as well as a collection of paintings and portraits of local and international personalities and some of the books from his library.
Doctor Ricardo J. Alfaro’s archive is located in another room and has been organized and catalogued as per ISAD (G) Archive Description Standard and stored in 240 filing boxes.
The IT area is in an adjoining room with various computers connected to a server from which access is available to the database of documents that have been digitalized in optic discs of great capacity and resolution.
Likewise, the library that belonged to Ricardo J. Alfaro is available to the visitor. It has been organized and catalogued as per Dewey Decimal System and includes some of the works inherited from his father.